- Know WordPress perfectly,
- Appreciate the increasing importance of Web technology and how it is changing the role of the information technology.
- Understand what strategic web development is and apply a framework to help identify strategic uses of Internet.
- Compare the fundamental types of web technologies and how they can be used to provide real business benefit.
- Explore new technologies and issues affecting the web development.
- Apply a web development approach in analyzing the role of web technology in organizations.
- Describe the process used in developing information systems and the concepts of web engineering and web process reengineering.
- Analyze the skills needed for web development professionals.
- Ready to apply for any WordPress job.
Topics to be covered
- Introduction and setting Up a WordPress Site, Installing
- Theme, Modifying theme and child theme
- Creating page
- Creating your first blog application
- Customized the nav menu, sidebar
- Custom field
- Creating page for single post
- HTML to WordPress conversion
- API, Basic Plugins
- Security & Scalability
- Course requirements
All students are expected to attend all scheduled classes, and to read all assigned chapters / materials before coming to class.
Class Participation & Peer Evaluation
You Students are expected to participate actively in the class. Your contribution towards your team will be counted too.
Textbook / References
- W3Schools Online Web Tutorials; URL: http://www.w3schools.com
- PHP Documentation; URL: http://www.php.net/docs.php
- WordPress Documentation: http://wordpress.org/
- PHP and MySQL Web Development, 4/E; Luke Welling and Laura Thomson; Addison-Wesley Professional; 2009
- Advanced PHP Programming; George Schlossnagle; Sams Publishing; 2004
- Advanced PHP for Web Professionals; Christopher Cosentino; Prentice Hall; 2003
- Beginning PHP5, Apache, and MySQL Web Development; Elizabeth Naramore, Jason Gerner, Yann Le Scouarnec, Jeremy Stolz and Michael K. Glass; Wiley Publishing; 2005
- WordPress books: WordPress: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)