The course fully covers the basics of programming in the “C” programming language and Object Oriented Programming in “C++” programming language. The course demonstrates fundamental programming techniques, customs and vocabulary including the most common library functions.
At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Have a knowledge regarding the basic programming topics of C and C++
- How to write a programs with C and C++
- Successfully design a Procedural Solution to a Problem
- Successfully design an Object Oriented Solution to a Problem
- Development of the solution efficiently
- Develop skills for large scale works
Topics to be covered
- General Discussions and Introduction to Programming Language C (I)
- Introduction to Programming Language C (II), Data Storage(I) and Operators
- Data Storage (II), Control Structures and Functions
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming, Functions in C++, Class, Constructor and Destructor
- Classes Continued, Operator Overloading, Inheritance and Polymorphism
- C++ Stream Input/Output, File Processing, Exception Handling
All students are expected to attend all scheduled classes, and to read all assigned chapters / materials before coming to class.
Class Participation & Peer Evaluation
You Students are expected to participate actively in the class. Your contribution towards your team will be counted too.
Textbook / References
- C: The Complete Reference by Herbert Schildt
- C++: The Complete Reference by Herbert Schildt
- Tutorials Point tutorials
- Other Online Resources