This course is an introduction to software engineering, using the Java programming language. It covers concepts useful to beginners. Students will learn the fundamentals of Java. The focus is on developing high quality, working software that solves real problems.
At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Write, compile and execute Java programs
- Build robust applications using Java’s object-oriented features
- Create robust applications using Java class libraries
- Develop platform-independent GUIs
- Read and write data using Java streams
- Retrieve data from a relational database with JDBC
Topics to be covered
- Introduction to Java
- Data Types, Variables, Operators, Class
- Control Statements, Iterative Statements, Input/Output, String, Keywords
- Create app with material design
- Exceptions, Multi threaded Programming
- Java Libraries, Data Structures
All students are expected to attend all scheduled classes, and to read all assigned chapters / materials before coming to class.
Class Participation & Peer Evaluation
You Students are expected to participate actively in the class. Your contribution towards your team will be counted too.
Textbook / References
- JAVA: The Complete Reference by Herbert Schildt
- Oracle Documentation. URL: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/
- Tutorials Point tutorials
- Other Online Recourse.